There are four different ways your website can show up on a search engine results page (SERP). Each type of search result has different benefits, and some results you can try to influence through search engine marketing (SEM) and search engine optimization (SEO). To follow is a look into the different types of search engine results, and what you can do to influence your medical practice website’s rank.
Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing Are Directly Related
Searches can be organic and inorganic. Website owners have less control over organic search results than inorganic search results, which can be paid for.
Organic Search Results
- These searches show up after the paid advertisements
- The order in which websites are ranked through organic searches is constantly changing
- Organic searches are based solely on user’s search terms
- SEO can help boost organic search results over time through targeting keyword search
Inorganic (Paid) Search Results
- Pay Per Click (PPC) advertisements ensure that your website shows up on the first page of a SERP
- PPC through Google AdWords offers many benefits to website owners
- Site owners only pay whenever their ad is clicked
- Helps increase traffic to site, but does not impact organic search results
- Website owners can set their own budget
Local and Map Search Results
Local and Map search results are unique to the web user’s location. Google Analytics is constantly changing the way websites rank and show up on SERPS. Here’s the top three ways you can improve your SEO for local and map search results.
- Include the city and state of your medical practice location in the landing page title
- Boost the authority of your site by adding unique, fresh content often
- Boost page authority of landing page URL
Autosuggest Search Results
- When a web user types in search terms and Google suggests the rest
- Suggestions are based on real searches being performed by other web users
- Suggestions are different for everyone, and change based on location
- Google learns its users searches, and will autosuggest based on the web user’s previous searches
Want to Give Your Search Engine Ranking a Boost? Advice Media Can Do It For You.
If you would like more information about what SEO can do for your medical practice website, contact an Advice Media representative. Our SEO experts can develop a unique campaign to positively impact your website’s search engine rank. We can be reached at 435.575.7470.