STEP-BY-STEP CUSTOM TAILORED STRATEGIES PUT NEW PRACTICE ON THE MAP
Dr. Jessica Kim is an experienced, board-certified, highly recognized dermatologist. She partnered with Advice Media when opening her own practice presented some unique marketing challenges.
- Highly credentialed doctor but no marketing experience
- No intial online presence
- Build an engaging and Google-friendly website
- Give practice a local presence with consistent NAP
- Expand site parallel with Dr. Kim’s evolving practice
Dr. Kim’s Story
Building a Foundation for Success
Building a new practice, no matter the clinical experience of the practitioner can be daunting. Questions abound. How will I be found by patients? What about m website and marketing efforts? Dr. Kim enlisted Advice Media to handle those tasks, utilizing our decades of website development and digital marketing experience so her dermatology practice would be shine from its very first day.
Entering into private practice is a dream for most physicians, but the tasks that must be accomplished before you see your first patient seem endless: deciding the scope of your practice, finding office space, choosing and purchasing medical equipment, hiring employees, and arranging financing. On top of all that, you need to let potential patients know you’re open for business. That’s where we come in.
Step One: Who Are You?
Our first priority for Dr. Kim was to put her on the map, literally and virtually. Dr. Kim needed a website that reflected her impressive credentials and lifelong interest in dermatology. Our job was to detail Dr. Kim’s personal approach to patient care in an engaging website that not only impressed potential patients, but also Google’s algorithm as well.
Step Two: Where Are You?
Consistent NAP earns credibility in the eyes of search engines and increases the likelihood a business will be displayed if it matches a search query. Dr. Kim’s practice had a local presence with consistent NAP established before her first day of business.
Step Three: Adding Value
It isn’t enough to design and populate a few pages to inform site visitors about available services. For a practice to thrive, it’s vital that the online image of that practice accurately depicts what an actual appointment with the doctor will entail. Summit Dermatology is a patient-centered practice.
Engaging content detailing Dr. Kim’s personal approach to patient care, the reassurance that patient comfort is a top priority, and her high level expertise as reflected by numerous awards helps patients understand the quality of care they can expect.
Step Four: Evolution
The field of medicine is constantly changing, and dermatology is no different. As Dr. Kim expanded her services, we expanded her site. The site grew from its original and somewhat basic focus to a continually evolving site with new content describing individual treatments and procedures. Search engines want to see websites constantly updating content; Advice Media’s efforts on Dr. Kim’s site fit the bill.
- A new microneedling page was optimized using terms identified within Google Keyword Planner. By the seventh month of service, this page received more views than any other, except the home page.
- Development and optimization of tattoo removal content resulted in this page being the second most-viewed at the 12th month of service. Tattoo removal accounted for 1/8th of all conversions for that month.
- During the second quarter analysis, an adjustment was made that allowed each dermal filler service to be indexed separately. The result was an increase in conversions through this section of the site.
/JESSICA H. KIM, MD, FAAD
Through the implementation of step-by-step strategies, Summit Dermatology ended its first year of practice with five times more leads than when they opened their doors. This practice is now on the map, and Dr. Kim is listed as a RealSelf Top Doctor.
Let us take the pressure of marketing off your shoulders so you can do what you love.