Patients today want to be educated before making a healthcare decision — and the abundance of information on the Internet allows them to do their homework! But, with the seemingly endless number healthcare websites out there, you may be thinking, “How can my website make an impression?” Rest assured, by understanding what patients are looking for, you’ll be on your way toward a successful site!
What do patients want from your website?
- To get to know you and your practice. The Internet allows patients to get to know you and your staff before visiting your office. Include physician and staff bios, complete with pictures for a more personal effect. Remember to list your credentials and accomplishments, as this establishes trust and credibility with potential patients. Also, tell your practice’s story. Share what sets you apart from others!
- What to do next? Provide a bold call-to-action, clearly explaining where you can be reached and what your visitors should do next. Consider a contact form, prompting potential patients to share their name and contact information. Want to entice your visitors? Provide incentives for submissions, such as coupons or other special offers.
- To uncover what other patients think. Ask former and current patients to share their experience at your practice by writing a testimonial for you to share on your website. Knowing other people’s success stories is always impressive to potential patients.
- To see results. Web visitors want to see what you’re capable of. Provide case studies and patient before & after galleries to demonstrate your work. It shows pride and confidence in what you do.
- To be educated. Providing an abundance of reliable, informative content is a great way to educate patients and garner trust. From procedure animations to informative blog posts, the more content you provide, the more a potential patient will value your services.
- To find what they’re looking for Not only should your site’s content be appealing and informative to potential patients, but it should also be easy to navigate. This is where your site’s design can make all the difference. Patients come to your site for a specific reason. Whether they want to know where you’re located, which procedures you offer or details about a specific treatment, you must make that information accessible.
Turn website visitors to patients!
At Advice Media, we provide custom healthcare websites, filled with content that will grab the attention of your potential patients. Contact an Advice Media Representative for information today. Also, ask about our SEO packages to help ensure that patients come across your site when searching the web!