Social Media Marketing Terms To Know
- Posted on: Sep 24 2014
Social media isn’t just something Millennials are obsessed with. In fact, if social media is used correctly it can greatly benefit your medical practice! Becoming a pro at social media marketing isn’t as difficult as you’d image! To follow are some of the top social media terms every doctor should know when it comes to marketing their medical practice!
- Circles- “Circles” are your groups of followers on Google+. This social media platform allows you to group followers into organized circles. For example, followers can be grouped as “existing patients” and “potential patients” so you can send out information specifically to your target audiences.
- Comment- These are reactions your readers and followers post on your blogs and social media posts. It is important to respond to comments and remain engaged socially with your followers.
- Connections- This is what LinkedIn calls “friends” and “followers.” LinkedIn is a great way to remain connected with professional organizations and colleagues.
- Facebook- There’s no way you haven’t heard of this social media platform by now. Facebook is the most used social networking platform in the world and it connects individuals, business, and organizations.
- Hashtags- Are tags used on social media platforms as a way to organize posts. They are marked with a pound symbol. For example, if you search #socialmediamarketing on Twitter or Facebook you will see any posts with the same hashtag. It’s a great way to search for information or to see what people are talking about locally.
- HootSuite- This is a social media management system that allows users to link all of their social media accounts and schedule posts to effectively maintain a constant web presence.
- Klout- Is a tool for measuring your social media performance. Just set up an account with Klout, link your social media accounts, and you can get weekly reports showing you how influential your social media activity is!
- Link building- is a term often thrown around by professional marketers that specialize in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Link building is when website owners try to generate inbound links to their own site through blogging to improve search engine result ranks.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)- is the organic process marketers use to improve your websites search engine ranking results.
- Retweet- This is when a Twitter user sees your tweet and likes it enough to repost it. In the world of social media, a retweet is like a virtual high five! Retweets are great because they are posted with your Twitter handle on them, so when a follower retweets something you have posted, it reaches a larger audience!
Advice Media Can Handle It For You!
Still not ready to manage your social media presence alone? Advice Media offers several different plans geared towards creating a successful social media plan for your practice. Contact an Advice Media representative today to find out what we can do for you!