Let’s face it—most patients turn to Google and other search engines to find healthcare providers and specialists. It’s no secret that focusing on enhancing your local Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is essential to reach local patients.
But since the integration of Google Places and Google+, to create Google+ Local, experts say focusing on both social media and local search is essential in being found by local patients!
Start with Local SEO
While it does take some time and effort to enhance your local SEO, the great news is, it’s very cost efficient for small businesses with lower marketing budgets. For starters, if you haven’t already, claim and build out your Google+ Local listing. Then, encourage patients to post reviews to your listing, see our previous blog post for some creative idea to drive reviews.
So, Where Does Social Media Tie in?
You’re probably wondering where social media ties in? Experts say over the next few months the integration of check-in and geo-social networking will have a large effect on how businesses rank locally.
Ask Yourself These Questions:
- Can you leverage social media to reach local patients?
- Is it possible to encourage check-ins at your physical location?
- Can you hold check-in based events at your location?
- Is it feasible to encourage patients to post reviews about their experience at your practice?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, consider adding social media to your marketing mix.
Not sure how to leverage social media to enhance Google+ Local and Local SEO? Here are a few ideas:
- Launch your practice on Google+ Pages for business. Then, integrate your page on your website by adding the Google+ icon.
- Utilize discounts for those who check-in on Facebook and Foursquare. Read our previous blog post to learn more.
- Last but certainly not least, use your social media sites to grow your referral network, and encourage reviews on your listings. Reviews carry a lot of weight in your local search ranking!
Want To Further your Local SEO?
At Advice Media, we offer a variety of SEO packages that include local SEO. Also check out our social media marketing service, which includes Google+ Page set up and posting! Contact an Advice Media Representative to learn more.