Your Web Presence Affects Your Online Reviews
- Posted on: Nov 21 2014
A recently released survey produced by Software Advice™ found that patients are referencing online reviews when selecting healthcare providers. This trend is on the rise, and illustrates how important it is for medical practices to establish a positive online presence. The survey noted that from 2013 to 2014, the number of patients using online reviews has increased by 68 percent. To follow are some key takeaways from the survey, and some tips for creating a positive online presence through medical internet marketing.
Patients are Relying on Online Reviews
The survey from Software Advice noted three major points:
- In the past year, there has been a significant increase in patients’ use of online reviews. In 2013, the software company conducted a similar survey which found that 25 percent of respondents said they use online reviews. In 2014, the survey found that 42 percent of respondents reported using online reviews to influence their decision to select a particular healthcare provider.
- In the 2014 survey, almost half of those polled said they were inclined to go to a physician that was out-of-network based off of positive reviews. This could have an impact on private practices’ bottom line.
- Of multiple physician’s rating sites, Yelp was the most popular and trusted site, according to the survey. Healthgrades tied with Yelp, with RateMDs coming in second place.
Tips for Creating a Positive Online Presence
With these statistics in mind, it’s important for physicians to generate positive online reviews. Aside from offering impeccable care and services, ensuring a positive review can have a lot to do with your online presence and branding. Perception can go a long way when it comes to marketing your medical practice effectively.
- Establish and engage with social media
- Use social media to generate word-of-mouth recommendations
- Feature positive patient testimonials on your website
- Write an informative and educational blog to help improve healthcare literacy among patient
- Know your patients’ demographic, and talk to it
- Above all, provide the highest level of care, and your patients will take care of you online
Don’t Have Time to Increase Your Online Presence? Advice Media Can Manage it for you.
Advice Media is prepared to design a online marketing campaign for your medical practice. Our professional representatives can manage your online presence and help your practice attract new patients. For more information, contact Advice Media.
Posted in: Online Presence