5 Ways to Boost Patient Engagement with "Vine"
- Posted on: Apr 18 2013
One of the most important ways to stay on top of your social media presence is to explore and adapt to new, emerging platforms. One such platform is Vine, a new mobile app brought to you by the creators of Twitter, the wildly popular microblogging website. However, instead of the 140-character updates you can send on Twitter, Vine allows you to post and view 6-second videos with sound, that continually play on a loop. Much like Twitter or Instagram, you can follow people you find interesting, and search for new people by name or hashtag. Vine videos also don’t have to be done in one shot — you can stop and start until the 6 seconds have been reached, allowing users to stretch their creative muscles. So how can you use this app to benefit your medical practice? There are actually a number of ways!
Here are the 5 ways you can use Vine to help your medical practice:
- Show off your office or location. By making a quick video tour of your office, you allow potential patients to familiarize themselves with the practice before they even visit. Additionally, if your practice is tough to find, a Vine video can help patients to know what to look for!
- Introduce your staff. You can use Vine to introduce your followers to the doctors and other staff members in your practice. This will help to humanize your practice, bridging the gap between patient and doctor.
- Record patient testimonials. Vine is a great way for patients to give video testimonials about your practice — which can be more effective than standard text reviews. Potential patients will be much more inclined to visit you if they see real people speaking positively about their experience. Ask patients if they’d be willing to record a testimonial — at only 6 seconds, it likely won’t cut into their schedule.
- Provide health tips. Posting a daily or weekly health tip is a great way to keep your followers interested and coming back for more. It only takes a few seconds, and it benefits not only your patients but your practice as well.
- Promote upcoming events and offers. If your practice holds any sort of events or offers any promotions, Vine is a great tool for creating promotional videos. Make video teasers to stir up interest in what you have to offer!
Medical Social Media Management
Don’t have time to manage your social media efforts? Let Advice Media help! We’ll plan and execute a cohesive social media strategy for your practice and get potential patients talking! Contact an Advice Media Representative to learn more.