We understand it can be daunting to come up with dental blog ideas that will engage your readers. But if you follow these 3 tips you will always have an engaging topic that will drive patients to your blog and ideally into your office. Always remember the entire purpose of your dental blog is to answer patient questions, establish yourself as an authority, and bring more patients to your practice.
Download Our List of 15 Dental Blog Topics!
Coming up with dental blog ideas
- Keep the patient top of mind
- Always provide value
- Keep it topical
– What are common questions your patients ask? Any time you explain a procedure or a dental device this is great content to blog about. If a patient is asking you, they are asking Google.
– If your blog brings value to your reader it will always be a success. If you have industry knowledge on teeth whitening; ‘Are whitening trays effective?’ or ‘What should I expect to pay for professional whitening?’
– If there is a new product on the market be sure to give it a review. ‘Is Quip the future of toothbrushes?’
If you still have writer’s block download our dental blog ideas.
Once you have a blog topic, follow these tips
When writing content and blogs for your dental practice, you’re writing for more than just your patients — you’re writing for search engines. It’s important to understand the characteristics of web readers, as well as what to write that will grab a search engine’s attention. If you write content for the web the same as you would for print, you’re making mistakes. Web readers have a much shorter attention span than print readers, so it’s important to get to the point quickly. To follow are tips on how to generate quality dental blog topics and write good content for your dental practice.
Get to the Point
- Imagine web users have the attention span equivalent to that of a toddler
- Be authoritative
- Be informative
- Be direct
- Be honest
- Put the most important information first, supplement with details later
Anecdotes and Personality Need Not Apply
- Being clever takes away from an authoritative tone
- You can frame your content and dental blog ideas creatively while maintaining authority
- Providing information should remain a constant goal
It’s All About Headlines
- Most web users don’t critically read web content
- Web users want to find the information they are looking for as quickly as possible
- Creating unique content and dental blog topics with a headline and subheads will attract web user’s eyes to sections of most importance
- Your readers are likely skimming through content rather than deep reading for lasting comprehension
- Use bullet points and numbered lists to break up large blocks of text to increase readership
Write Content & Dental Blog Topics for Everyone
- Avoid complicated medical terms when applicable
- Dental blog ideas should be relatable
- Don’t use high-brow language
- Use uncomplicated, common language
Write for Search Engine Optimization
- Use keywords
- Use variations of keywords
- Make sure you’re writing for people first, and search engines second
- Keywords should flow organically throughout your dental blog ideas
- Good dental blog topics and content can drive your ranking on a search engine (SEO)
Google presents how patients search for dental practices
Don’t Have Enough Time to Write Content or Come Up with Dental Blog Ideas for Your Website?
Let Advice Media write content and dental blog topics for you.
Advice Media has a team of content and blog writers ready to fill your website with useful, search engine-friendly blogs and content. For more information, contact Advice Media at 435.575.7470 or fill out our Contact Form.