5 Ways to Make Your Practice’s Blog Posts Pop!
- Posted on: Jan 17 2013
It has been estimated that there are over 400 million English-language blogs on the Internet today. With a number like that, you may be thinking, “How could my blog possibly stand out?” Rest assured, even amidst such seemingly enormous competition, your practice’s blog can make an impression — if you know how to gain a competitive edge. It’s all about making your posts stand out and work for you.
Here are our 5 tips for writing engaging and effective blog posts:
- Choose a Strong Headline. A good headline is captivating and concise. It should not only grip their attention, but make users want to continue reading. For instance, if you were writing about your practice offering BOTOX® injections, a strong headline would be something like, “Top 5 Reasons to Explore BOTOX® Today,” or “Considering BOTOX®? Read This First!” These types of headlines will almost always generate more hits than ones like, “Facts About BOTOX®,” or “Potential Risks and Benefits of BOTOX®.” Keep it exciting and relevant.
- Know Your Audience. Keep in mind that you’re not writing for doctors. Try to post topics patients would find relevant, and avoid using jargon. Instead of posting something that could be featured in a medical journal, try writing about exciting industry news or a new promotion your office is running.
- Make it Digestible. Simply put, web users aren’t going to read a 2000-word paragraph on eyelid surgery. It’s far better to break your content up into small bite-size pieces. Consider using subheadings, bulleted lists and emboldened text to enhance readability and user experience. Including an image can also add some flare.
- Keep Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Mind. We don’t expect you to be expert SEO strategists, but keeping a few SEO basics in mind can do wonders for your site. First of all, post to your blog frequently and diversely. Each blog post adds a unique page of content to your site. In the eyes of Google, that means more authority, and it could ultimately help your ranking. Peppering your post with diverse and relevant keywords can also give you a leg up. For example, if you were writing about dental veneers, include different ways of saying the same thing— porcelain veneers, dental laminates, etc. Don’t go overboard, though. In the end, good content should always be your priority over “spamming” your posts with countless keywords.
- End With a Call to Action. Unlike other media channels, the Internet is action oriented. This means that unless you give users something to do, click or fill out, they will likely move on to another site. At the end of each of your blog posts, consider including some way for your visitors to get involved. A good call to action is something like, “Take the first step — Click Here to Schedule a Consultation!” or “Achieve the Smile of Your Dreams! Call our office today at 555-1234.” The goal is to turn visitors into patients.
Strapped for Time? We’ll Write Your Blogs for You
If you understand the benefits of posting to your blog but don’t have the time or desire to do it yourself, let Advice Media take care of it for you. Our Blog Article Writing service will provide quality, relevant articles for you, custom-tailored to your practice. Contact Advice Media today to find out which article writing plan is best for you.
Posted in: Blogs